Poll

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

5 Reasons Why I Shouldn't Get Bangs Again (And 2 Reasons Why I Still Want Them)



Look at how pretty Lily Allen is with her long locks and chunky bangs.I look at photos like this and all I can think is -
Should I get bangs again?
I love bangs. They aren’t for everyone, and I know plenty of people who just should have never have gone there – but I love the look and once again find myself contemplating biting the bullet, and making the chop.But there are a number of reasons why this is totally and completely a bad decision. So many factors which should instantly change my mind and leave me shaking my head, wondering where the heck I got this crazy idea.So documented here, partially to set myself straight and partially to help any other girls out there (you know who you are) struggling with the same decision, are my top reasons for resisting the urge and not getting bangs.
  
   1.   Bangs are high maintenance. High maintenance hair is something to avoid if you’ re trying to save money – which I am. Trying. Really, really trying.
   2.   They have a mind of their own. I don’t have pin straight hair, nor is it likely that my curls are going to ever cooperate 100% of the time. Inevitably, there are days where no amount of time and effort will effectively tame an erratic section of hair.
   3.   As soon as I have bangs, I somehow end up subconsciously thinking I’m related to Ken Paves and can trim them in my bathroom. This usually doesn’t end well.
   4.   Trendy hairstyles come and go – and bangs have been back for a while now. It’s not out of the question that by the time summer roles around, they will be soooo very out.
   5.   I just spent ten months growing out my hair. If I get bangs, all that is out the window.
Hairstyle remorse happens – and I’d rather not fall victim to it right now.


But…if I did get bangs again, here are some of the perks:


   1.   Messy hair instantly looks styled. It just looks like you put a little more effort in when a loose ponytail is paired with “just tidy enough” bangs.
   2.  They still are trendy. Right now there’s nothing very fashionable about my hairstyle – this would be an improvement, even if only for a few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment